Connect with us


Brunelli Enterprises evict family after they raised concerns about molded apt., where Keltrice Stolkes died



Brunelli Enterprises of Jacksonville, North Carolina and owned by Whaja P. Brunelli of Jacksonville has evicted a family after the tenants withheld rent due to black mold.

In September of 2017, 21-year-old Keltrice Stokes committed suicide in this home located at 118 Lakewood Drive Apt D Jacksonville, NC, in which Brunelli Enterprises did not do a ‘Decomposition Death Cleanup’ afterwards. Instead the rental company leased the apartment to new tenants in October of 2017, who found mold and reported it.

21-year-old Keltrice Stokes

Stephanie Jimenez, Oscar Garcia, their 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son moved into the Lakewood Drive apartment on October 20, 2017.

Stephanie Jimenez and Oscar Garcia

A month later after the family settled into their new apartment, their 3-year-old son starting getting sick. Jimenez and Garcia had to take their son to the hospital numerous times while they were living in the home. The family left the home for about three days in which their son went back to the hospital to be followed up on and the doctor said he was doing better. Jimenez and Garcia noticed that it was because they were out of the infested home for those three days.

While living in the black mold infested apartment, Jimenez and Garcia constantly reached out the rental company in regard to an air ventilation duct that needed to be installed, leaks in plumbing fixtures that needed to be fixed and mold growing in the bathroom walls, in the hallway closet, and also on the kitchen ceiling. They have had no response from the landlord and no had come out to check on or remedy the issues for more than two months, according to the family.

At the time of no response or remedy from the rental company, the family began withholding their rent. They then learned that the apartment they were living in was the apartment that Stokes committed suicide in. Garcia was the next person in the home to have been having health problems related to the black mold. He was diagnosed with liver calcification and placed on more than one blood pressure medication while his son is on a nebulizer. 
Jimenez and Garcia started noticing after Stokes had died in the home that the carpets were never changed, the HVAC system was never disinfected, and that the toxics were still in the home as the body of Stokes was not immediately found. Garcia and Jimenez have said that while living inside the home they all were having constant pains and vomiting.

Black mold on the walls.

Black mold on the playstation.

Black mold on HVAC

News In Onslow spoke with the family Monday, and found out that pieces of Stokes hair was still in the home. You can see the photos we took below:
On July 14, 2018, Garcia and Jimenez took their 5-year-old daughter to Onslow Memorial Hospital where she was diagnosed with having (abdominal pain and allergy reaction to mold), you can view document below:
If you really examine all of Brunelli Enterprises homes, you will see that they are trash and I would rather live on the streets. This family is sick and could have been dead in this home. They have expressed that they have been depressed because of the mold. According to amenclinics.comPrimarily, mold illness is associated with allergic reactions that mimic seasonal allergies. Respiratory symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, watery eyes, and skin irritation are the predominant symptoms. Mold is also known to cause asthma and life-threatening primary and secondary infections in immune-compromised patients that have been exposed. (Read More Here)
We reached out to Whaja Brunelli and she was not available.
The family have created a GoFundMe to any of those who would like to support. (Click Here)
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Man who killed Sheldon Prawl in 2013 will spend nearly 50 years in prison



“Sheldon tried to kill my sister,” Carleton Davis said to Prawl’s mother Beverly Daley as she read her impact statement to the court. 

“I have not only lost one child but two children, and if it was up to me, Davis and Cheri would receive the death penalty,” Daley said.

It took two weeks of trial and nearly 6 hours total of deliberation for a jury to convict 38-year-old Carleton Davis in the death of Sheldon Prawl. 

Today, Carleton Davis, 38, was found guilty of second-degree murder and felony concealment of death. Judge Imelda Pate told Davis that he would spend nearly 50 years in prison. He was sentenced to serve a total of 38-to-48 years in prison. Davis killed Sheldon Prawl in 2013 and put his remains in two-cement filled foot lockers outside a house in Detroit, Michigan. Police later found Prawl’s body after a neighbor reported a bad odor coming from the backyard. 

Davis sister Cheri Davis, has also been charged in the case. She was the girlfriend of Prawl. She has been charged with felony destruction of bodily remains to conceal a death, felony conspiracy, felony accessory after the fact, and felony common law obstruction of justice and she is out of jail on bond. 

Here’s what Carleton Davis had to say to the court before his sentencing BELOW:

Stay tuned to for all the latest.

Continue Reading


Man accused of killing Sheldon Prawl in 2013 won’t testify, evidence is circumstantial



A man accused of killing Sheldon Prawl in 2013 will not testify in his murder trial.

Carleton Davis, 38, of Georgia, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 23-year-old Sheldon Prawl.

In court, Assistant District Attorney Mike Maultsby said that Prawl was last seen on Halloween in 2013 and, shortly thereafter, 35-year-old Cheri Lee Davis, Carleton Davis‘ sister, reported him missing. Prawl’s body was found in Detroit, Michigan dismembered in two separate containers filled with cement on May 30, 2014.

In the States closing argument Wednesday afternoon, they spoke about the relationship between Davis and Richard Jackson, who lived next door to the home Prawl’s body was found. Jackson and Davis were pulled over in Brunswick County in 2014 on unrelated drug and gun charges.

“The case is a circumstantial evidence case. The circumstances, in this case, proves without a reasonable doubt that the defendant killed Sheldon Pawl,” Maultsby told the jury. 

Maultsby talked about how Prawl and his mother Beverly Daley spoke every other day and on October 31, 2013, she received a text message from Prawl’s phone saying “Travel, talk to you soon.” Davis said in her testimony that she gave it a few days before she contacted Cherri Davis, Prawl’s girlfriend on November 2, begging her to make a report to the police about her son missing. 

In the state’s closing argument, Maultsby told the jury that “Carleton Davis had a motive to end the life of Sheldon Prawl because he did not like what he did to his sister.” It took the state 58 minutes to argue their closing to the jury and the defense will argue their closing at 1:30 PM Wednesday afternoon. 

Continue Reading


District Attorney Earnie Lee receives case about officer who used ‘excessive force’ against Anthony Wall in Warsaw



“No Justice, No Peace” is what Onslow County District Attorney Earnie Lee will hear if he does not indict the officer who ‘excessively with force’ arrested Anthony Wall in Warsaw, North Carolina on May 4, 2018.

Anthony Wall, 22, of Fayetteville was at Waffle House after taking his 16-year-old sister to prom in Warsaw, North Carolina when he was choked and slammed by Officer Frank Moss. It’s unknown why Officer Moss used such aggressive force against the 22-year-old, but I guess it’s better than the officer pulling out his gun and killing Wall.

Officer Moss has a history of abusing and terrorizing black families in Warsaw, North Carolina for years. If you look at how big Officer Moss is and look how small Anthony Wall is, there’s no way Moss couldn’t have subdued Wall without choking him. 

Officer Frank Moss

District Attorney Earnie Lee said on Tuesday that the investigation into whether Officer Moss used ‘excessive force’ or not is in his hands.

Lee said the report was received from N.C. State Bureau of Investigation regarding the controversial arrest of Anthony Wall. The evidence will be reviewed and a decision afterward.

District Attorney Earnie Lee

One of Wall’s attorney, Benjamin Crump said Wall’s arrest was a “gross violation of his civil and human rights.” Wall is also represented by Fayetteville lawyer Allen Rogers

(LEFT) Benjamin Crump, (Middle) Antony Wall (Right) Alex Rogers

The whole world will be watching District Attorney Earnie Lee’s office, and his decision could impact his career for the good or bad. 



Continue Reading