Connect with us

News

Teachers block Swansboro HS students from participating in walk out

Published

on

We reported to you earlier Wednesday on our Facebook that parents had contacted us about their child being denied the right to exercise their First Amendment Right.

Students at Swansboro High School say they were blocked from trying to peaceably assemble and honor the 17 lives killed in Parkland, Fl. last month.

A student who declined to have her name in the article told News In Onslow, that the school asked all students to be silent for 17 seconds to honor the students and staff who lost their lives in the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.

After the 17 seconds of silence, they had a pep rally that included: Tug of War, Hula Hoop, and other games but students felt that what happened in Florida could happen in Jacksonville if laws on guns are not changed.

“Many of us wanted to participate but we were silenced. We couldn’t express our concerns and our school was very disrespectful to the victims and families of this tragedy,” the student said.

Students at Swansboro High School said they were “threatened” to be suspended and face disciplinary actions if they chose to participate in the walkouts. To prevent that, students said they decided to walk away after teachers and the school’s SRO blocked the exits.

3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Joe Smih II

    March 16, 2018 at 1:48 pm

    The Gestapo has spoken comrades.

  2. Joe Smith II

    March 16, 2018 at 1:51 pm

    The Gestapo has spoken comrades.

  3. Jim Poophead

    March 16, 2018 at 6:17 pm

    This is another fake story you need to get your info right. You cant believe everything you hear do you have proof?? Looks like another made up story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

VIDEO: Black Rose Tavern accused of kicking out Black man for charging phone

Published

on

A Jacksonville man says he was kicked out of a Midway Park bar Tuesday after he was trying to charge his phone. 

Jacksonville resident Kenneth Foster lost power at his home because of Hurricane Florence and needed to charge his phone, but when he went to Black Rose Tavern in Midway Park to charge it, he was kicked out.

“I left Hungry Howies to go to Black Rose Tavern to get a drink and I needed to charge my phone,” Foster said. “I saw children charging their phones.”

Foster said that when he asked the owner of Black Rose Tavern, John Bova, if he could charge his phone he was met with the reply that “this ain’t that type of bar”.

Bova, however, is claiming that Foster walked in the door, and, without asking, plugged in his phone.

“He walked in the door and plugged in his phone, and my wife who was the bartender walked over and asked him if she could help him and asked if he needed something to drink. He told her that he needed to charge his phone.”

Bova told News In Onslow that Foster began getting hostile with his wife, which is when he stepped in, told Foster that he could not charge his phone and informed him that he needed to leave.

Bova explained to Foster that they are a private club and that he cannot just walk into their place business and plug in his phone.

It was after being told to leave that Foster pulled out his phone and started recording.

Foster said Bova grabbed his phone and bruised his finger but he will not be pursuing criminal charges.

“I know the man racist,” Foster told News In Onslow.

The bar owner said that he is not racist and that his business is diverse.

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:

Continue Reading

News

Red Cross say there no-show at 2 Onslow Locations was a big mistake

Published

on

When you talk about scamming, you think of the American Red Cross. A non-profit organization that accepts donations and never help people like their mission say they do. Some citizens of Onslow County, North Carolina can tell you about their experience with the non-profit organization and what happened Tuesday, September 18th.

Tuesday, officials in Onslow County told local residents that the American Red Cross would be feeding them in different locations throughout the county, but at two locations the non-profit never came.

Two of the locations, Richlands Library, and New River Shopping Center had people waiting nearly three hours for American Red Cross meals that never came and now the organization is saying it was a ‘big mistake’.

RHOA Kandi Burrus “The Lies!”

American Red Cross representative Charlotte Rodriguez told local reporters, “It was a big mistake that we should not have made.” 

It’s funny how the organization acknowledged their wrong but never apologized to the people they wronged.  Always want you to donate your money but have a hard time with integrity. 

Continue Reading

News

American Red Cross was a no-show to feed Onslow County citizens

Published

on

Hundreds of citizens in Onslow County, North Carolina was waiting to be fed by the American Red Cross at 5:00 P.M. Tuesday evening, but they didn’t show up.

Onslow County Government posted on their Facebook page Tuesday the locations the American Red Cross would be feeding at and at least two of those locations was a no-show.

Locations Below:

Swansboro Library

Richlands Library (No Show)

Sneads Ferry Library

1380 Piney Green Rd. (Parking lot/shopping center)

New River Shopping Center (by Planet Fitness) (No Show)

The public was notified that the organization would be feeding at 4 PM but that time was later changed to 5 PM.

Local residents who showed up at Richlands Library and New River Shopping Center locations told News In Onslow that the organization was nowhere to be found.

Look at some of the comments posted on the Onslow County Government Facebook page about this BELOW:

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending