Connect with us

News

Three dead in Duplin County after flood water sweep cars

Published

on

Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace tell reporters that all three people were in their vehicles when flood waters swept them away.

According to Wallace, all incidents were unrelated. One person was killed on Bowden’s Road just outside of Kenansville, another was on North Williams Road east of Kenansville. Officials say they are still trying to recover the third body which happened on N.C. 111 in Kornegay.

Only two bodies have been recovered so far out of this incident.

News

President Trump rumored to visit New Bern, NC Wednesday

Published

on

The 45th President of The United States of America Donald Trump is scheduled to make an appearance in Eastern Carolina Wednesday.

According to the New York Post, President Trump will be surveying the destructive damage left by Hurricane Florence.

The exact locations Trump will visit were not immediately available but White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed Trump’s North Carolina visit.

President Trump issued a disaster declaration Sunday for several counties in North Carolina.

The order issued is for residents in the affected area to apply for federal funding.

Locals in New Bern tells News In Onslow that Trump is expected to be in Downtown New Bern and that his car landed in Cherry Point, North Carolina Monday evening.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

One dead in Bear Creek Road wreck

Published

on

One person is dead tonight in a Bear Creek Road wreck.

The name of the person killed has not been released. Officials say alcohol use, speed and water on the road was all factors.

The driver died at the scene.

This story is DEVELOPING and we will release more information as it becomes available.

Continue Reading

News

Public’s Safety suffering at the hands of Onslow County Government, lifts mandatory evacuation

Published

on

Onslow County, North Carolina Government is causing a lot of confusion on the public’s safety to return home after many fled the area from Hurricane Florence wrath. 

Top officials in North Carolina including Governor Roy Cooper have told those who fled the state to stay where they are because it is not safe to return, but Onslow County Manager David Cotton said otherwise.

David Cotton said in an EOC(Emergency Operations Center) update Monday morning that evacuees from Onslow County will be able to return Tuesday, September 12, at 8:00 A.M.

Robin Knapp, an Onslow County Commissioner does not agree with Cotton’s decision and is urging evacuees to not return to Onslow County because it is not safe.

“We are not completely done with flooding and if it continues to rain, we will see an INCREASE in flooding. So, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE AN ATTEMPT,” he said in a Facebook post. (He deleted the below post).

Robin Knapp deeming it is not safe to return to Jacksonville before he deleted the post.

While the roads in and around Onslow County are still flooded and dangerous, many will lose resources and reimbursement due to the decision to lift the mandatory evacuation.

Routes back into Onslow County has not yet been decided.

Some in the area are worried that they will lose their eligibility for disaster relief funding through certain avenues, and employers will demand employees to show for work, and Fema has already begun denying applicants in Onslow County to receive help.

If you plan on traveling back soon; be mindful that rivers around Eastern North Carolina will crest which may result in the available passable routes today to become impassable in the next few days. You are also asked to bring back supplies that will last for 7 days.

Onslow County remains under a flash flood warning until 12:30 P.M. Tuesday.

Us here at News In Onslow responded to the confusion below:

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending